Monday, August 04, 2008

I’m on the train from Paris to Amsterdam. Is there anything better in this world than a large comfortable seat on a train in first class? I’m new enough to train travel to delight in it completely. My head is against a pillow, turned toward the window. I’m watching the world go by: Brussels, Antwerp, and Rotterdam. Bob Dylan’s Blonde on Blonde is playing on my iPod: Visions of Johanna, I Want You and Sad Eyed Lady of the Lowlands. Life is good, unless, of course, if you despise Bob Dylan then it would be a personal hell.

I am taken with the differing modes of Amsterdam travel- I tried to capture a few of them. My camera is having trouble focusing, much like its owner, but I’m including them anyway because Karyn and Erin were kind enough to ask.







...and of course

3 comments:

toutesweete said...

Biking in Amsterdam has got to be one of the best experiences Amsterdam has to offer. Better than pot and those beckoning women.

Starman said...

I love city tramways. Just tried out the #3 in Paris.

Erin Swing said...

Awesome! Those Dutch are so good at multitasking while riding their bikes, eg, holding an umbrella and smoking - and with such a sense of easiness.